DAG's Work From Home
While nothing compares to days at the DA™ offices, the DAGs have been getting by with Zoom meetings and non-stop text threads in Slack.
In theory, working from home means you can comfortably roll out of bed and onto your computer without your usual pre-work routine, but there are a few steps you should take to make sure you’re operating at your best (and staying sane while doing it!).
Here’s Your DA-WFH Playbook:
1. START WITH YOUR REGULAR MORNING ROUTINE
Yes, you don’t have to put on a full face of makeup to sit at home all day, but kicking off your morning with your basic skincare routine is the best way to start the day.
DA roundup of our WFH skincare essentials:
- SkinMedica® Lumivive™ Day Damage Defense Serum: This clinically-proven serum provides a bio-barrier that helps protect against the damaging effects of blue light from devices.
- SkinMedica® Total Defense + Repair SPF 34: A superscreen that goes beyond UV protection to defend against harmful infrared rays, Even though we are inside working from home, it’s still so important to protect our skin from all varying lights around us.
- Colorescience® Sunforgettable Brush on SPF 50: A brush on sunscreen that never leaves our side. Reapplying has never been more convenient!
- SkinMedica® HA5 Rejuvenating Hydrator: Provides immediate smoothing in the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and supports the skin’s natural ability to retain moisture resulting in radiant, rejuvenated tone and texture.
- Colorescience® Lip Shine: Sun protection, a touch of gloss, and just the right natural color to get you ready for a Zoom meeting.
Shop them here: DA™ Premier Beauty Store
Make sure you choose a comfortable outfit as well – it will make the idea of sitting in front of your computer all day far more appealing. Professional on top, pajamas on the bottom!
2. YOUR WORKSPACE IS YOUR HAPPY PLACE
A dedicated workspace can be your happy place while working from home. Make sure you have all of the essentials conveniently accessible, like chargers, airpods, planner, and especially your Colorescience® sunforgettable brush for easy re-application! Don’t be afraid to add in little extras that make you happy: a scented candle, essential oil diffuser, or natural light streaming in from a window can make a huge difference in your space.
3. ADD A LITTLE BACKGROUND NOISE
Pick a podcast or playlist to have on in the background to keep you on track throughout your workday. You can listen to DA’s WFH playlist on Spotify.
4. TEXT YOUR WORK WIFE
If you’re used to casually strolling over to your co-worker to chat about a project, you’ll feel serious withdrawal when you’re working from home. With that in mind, set up meetings or check-ins throughout the day so your team can stay on the same page, and when in doubt, text your work wife just to say “hey!”.
5. INDULGE IN SOME SERIOUS SELF-CARE
There’s no better time to try a new face mask or take a supremely luxurious bath. Think of all those fabulous treatments and products you’re dying to try on the weekends? Now you can do them at home all while working your usual 9-5.
DA roundup of our favorite masks:
- Obagi® Professional-C Microdermabrasion Polish + Mask: Helps to unveil dramatically brighter, smoother, more youthful-looking skin, with a powerful infusion of 30% L-ascorbic acid (Vitamin C) and ultra-fine crystals for exfoliation.
- SkinMedica® Instant Bright Eye Masks: Add the ultimate boost, ultra-hydrate and visibly improve puffiness. These premium gel patches are the perfect companion to Instant Bright Eye Cream or any SkinMedica® eye treatment. Together, they’re SkinMedica®’s most comprehensive treatment for youthful-looking eyes.
- DA™ Skin Biocellulose Hydration Mask: Hydrate and soothe your skin with our signature sheet mask
Shop our favorite masks: DA™ Premier Beauty Store
Your Post-Workday Plan
1. MAKE TIME TO MOVE
A workout at home or walk around your neighborhood (at non-peak hours so you can practice social distancing safely) is essential during your post-work hours. Stream workouts right from your home! Here are a few local studios doing live streams and posting tips to their Instagram feed: Humani Pilates, CorePower Yoga, Daily Method, Fitsom Studios, Fitness Rangers, InstaPhysique, Fit4MOM.
2. SCHEDULE FACETIME DATES WITH YOUR FRIENDS
Your friends can all virtually hang out as you safely keep your distance with FaceTime dates. You can even make it a remote happy hour: add a little wine or your favorite cocktail and you can virtually “cheers” with your besties.
3. GET YOUR DIY HOME PROJECTS DONE
You’ve been talking about getting your gallery wall up for years, and now you can spend your post-work hours making it a reality.
4. ORDER IN
Support local businesses, order take out! Check out the DAG’s favorite restaurants offering takeout on our Support Local Businesses post.
5. MASTER TIKTOK
Becoming a TikTok pro requires time and practice, and the era of social distancing is the perfect opportunity to work on your TikTok game.
6. CALL YOUR GRANDPARENTS AND OTHER RELATIVES
Your grandparents or older relatives are likely staying put at home, which means they’re likely available to chat on the phone. People may feel isolated during this time, so don’t forget to virtually show your family some love.
7. FIND A WAY TO HELP OTHERS
Check in with your neighbors and anyone in your community who might need additional help during this time. Or, donate to an organization that’s making a difference in response to the Coronavirus pandemic: River CIty Food Bank, St. Johns and Room to Grow are three outstanding organizations we love at Destination Aesthetics.
8. WORK ON A PUZZLE OR PLAY A BOARD GAME
Pause from screen time by working on a puzzle or playing an old school board game. You’ll be surprised how entertaining they are!